Pokaż wyniki 1 do 4 z 4

Temat: IT SECURITY COURSE PenTestLab

Lightbulb IT SECURITY COURSE PenTestLab

Hello,

My name is Mateusz Sliwinski and I represent PenTest Laboratory portal. Our portal is a training platform founded by the creators of PenTest Magazine.
    I would like to propose you participation in our new initiative – on-line penetration testing courses led by Jeremy Faircloth – well known IT security expert with over 20 years experience, author of “Penetration Tester’s Open Source Toolkit” and many more other publications.
    Please, let us know if you are interested in taking part in the project and we will provide you with further information.

http://pentestlab.org/

[email protected]

Domyślnie

Cytat Napisał PenTest Laboratory Zobacz post
    Please, let us know if you are interested in taking part in the project and we will provide you with further information.
    Define 'taking part' or at least what the project is...
    ctrl-alt-del.cc - soft reset site for IT admins and other staff :-)

Domyślnie

PenTest Laboratory, which was founded as a project accompanying the PenTet Magazine, is the IT Security training portal for all those, whose aim is to master their infosec skills. The form of our subscription-based unique courses allows the student to take out the maximum of the given information.

Each course takes one month. The courses are being led in groups up to 20 people. Each course can be attended at the 3 levels: beginners, intermediate and advanced. The attendee wanting to join a course must subscribe to a particular course. The whole course is divided into 8 particular issues. Twice in a week the instructor provides the students with the materials regarding the topic of this particular issue. Each portion of the delivered materials is gathered in a form of an in-depth article describing and explaining the topic. Additionally the instructor is sharing other media files, like videos, if applicable. Except of the article, each lesson includes homework to test the gained knowledge and skills of the student. Once the homework is done, the student is sharing his results with the instructor and having a live chat with him in the appointed hours. Additionally, for the course period, the instructor is available via e-mail for students to ask questions and confront their thoughts with the instructor. The additional option of the courses is the possibility for the students to interact with themselves, seeking some support or just discussing some course related issues on
    the PenTestLab forum, accessible only for course participants.

For more information visit our website:
    Pentest Laboratory
    where you can also find free course demo.

Regards

Domyślnie

Let's use the proper terminology - you are looking for clients to buy the training, not to 'participate in the project'. Ok, I know, you are doing your job :-)

Now, some really serious BS:
    - this IS purely a 'hacking course' or 'tool school' as I call it, not a pentesting course
    - demo materials and curriculum described on your pages (all 3 levels) evidently shows it is not 'professional' in any way - looks like a script kiddie training. The author clearly has no idea of professional penetration testing :-((((
    - the material is massively incomplete to say the least, even as for entry course. In addition the curriculum actively encourages violating rules of engagement and most likely the law... effectively sending 'wannabe professional tester' to prison and/or having to pay huge compensation - well done!
    - if you want to teach people how to do it like a 'pro', do it the right way or stop entirely... As soon as one of your students gets sentenced for doing something stupid (like following 'pro' methods you teach) I see a lawsuit coming your way - author is from the US, so good luck to him, they sue for anything and everything :-O
    - ... not to mention that the value for money is extremely low :-(

At this point I have to warn the readers - DO NOT take this course. The way it is prepared (at the moment of writing) is extremely dangerous and harmful. You can easily end up in prison for following what the author says. Additionally the course is so inaccurate and so badly misrepresents the profession, that it is an insult to real, professional penetration testers.

P.S.
    I am terribly disappointed that Software Sp z o.o. is in any way involved in this 'thing'.
    ctrl-alt-del.cc - soft reset site for IT admins and other staff :-)

Zasady Postowania